Ever wondered what suddenly happened to your beloved device either phones or PC that make it so slow. Annoying right. The device you once loves operates fast. Suddenly becomes slow. Wow. I’ve been there. My phone what large RAM all of a sudden became so slow. I had to do something about it. So I embarked on research to check out the problem. Lucky me, I found the solution. The problem was cache and I found the solution on how to clear the cache on either phones or PCs.
Well, some of you have begun to ask questions like how does cache make my device slow, what’s cache, is it good to clear the cache. I will answer all of your questions in this post. Just read on.
What is cache?
Cache data are information like photos, files, scripts, and many more that automatically stores itself on your computer or phones when you browse the internet or on apps. Cache helps speed up the browsing process and makes these elements readily available when you visit a particular website or app again. Though it has its benefits. Over time, these data pile up and become unwanted. Since you don’t want these files and they fill up your phone’s RAM, you should clear them. you can also check out How to Protect Your Facebook Account From Hackers
Mind you when you clear the cache on your phones, the information you stored upon them like password will be lost. That means you will have to re-enter them again when you visit. In this post, I will show you how to clear the cache on your Android phone, iPhone, and computer browsers. Each of these methods is easy to follow. No any form of stress at all. Let’s check the steps out.
How To Clear Cache On Various Devices
I will be given you various steps you can use in clearing up caches on your devices. Be it an Android, iPhone, or computer. You are sure to get all the instructions you need in this article. Let’s quickly check out these steps to use.
How To Clear Cache On Android
I found two ways of clearing cache on Android. And they are as follows
Clear Cache On Chrome App
- Open the Chrome app on your phone
- Tap the three dots on the right side of the app to open the menu
- Tap history then clear browsing data
- If you want, you can select the oldest data you want to clear by using the Time Range drop-down menu
- Select cached files and images
- Then tap the clear data button to clear the cache.
Clear Cache From Third-Party Apps
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Tap storage
- Select internal storage under device storage
- Tap cached data
- Tap ok when the dialogue box appears asking to clear cache
Note: Phones with no SD cards will not be given an option to select internal storage or SD card storage.
How To Clear the Cache On iPhones And iPads
- Go to settings
- Swipe down and tap Safari
- Swipe down and tap clear history and website data
- Tap once again to confirm
Clear Cache On Third-Party Apps On iPhones
Clearing of cache on iPhones varies from developer to developer. However, you can always take a look at settings__ General__ iPhones storage to prioritize which third-party app to tackle first.
How To Clear the Cache On PCs
- To clear the cache on chrome follow these simple steps.
- On your computer open chrome
- Click the three dots at the top right corner
- Click more tools. Then clear browsing data
- At the top, choose a time range to delete everything. Select All time.
- The next stop is clearing cookies and other cache data. Check the boxes
- Click clear data
Note: For other browsers, you can check their sites for instructions.
You can now clear cache on any of your devices be it phone or computer. With these steps I’ve given you, you can even help your friends and colleagues in clearing theirs too. So if your phone begins to slow down again you now know what to do.
And what to do is to clear the cache to free up space on your device. If I leave any information out, please let me know in the comment box below. Thanks, guys do well to visit again. And help share this post with friends and family members using the share icons.