These days you no longer need only a PC to edit your videos you can sit in your room and edit your videos and here are the best video editing apps for your android phone. Smartphones can also add good transition and a good effect on your video production.
Since there are a lot of video editing software’s on PC, there are also several vast editing software for free smartphones. You only get them on your Google play store. With this editing software’s on your phones you can edit clips and upload them to social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp status, Instagram, and the rest of it.
these applications can be used to edit lengthy videos for youtube or even a business video can be shot and edited entirely on a phone. there are a lot of them out there but we streamlined the best app required to edit videos on a smartphone. here is the list make sure to check them out to find the best one for yourself.
Best Video Editing Apps For Android
Action Director Is a movie editing app not only meant for Android but also your PC. It is one of the best movie editing apps you can use for your Android. You can import your clips to it, edit it there and add any transition of your choice to it, trim and cut out the unwanted parts, include text and add motion to what you are editing, include music that will not affect the discussion of the characters.
But not all Android devices support this app. This app can also be updated and you can also browse other features from Google for a perfect skit.
Notable features ActionDirector
- Capture video Record video directly with ActionDirectorEdit and adjust. Trim video for short, sharp action clips
- Highlight the action Slow down or speed up video segments with precision for awesome slow- or fast-motion effects Add titles and text.
- Add intro and outro text to your action videos.
- Add in music.
- Produce and share to social media platforms.
Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush is the newest among Adobe editing apps, and above the average of Adobe premiere clips. Because of the way it was designed, you can include multi-track timeline cloud syncing and other advanced tools. It has a lot of features that are quite easy to learn.
This Android app still needs some UI but even without it, you can get a good skit but it is advisable to interface with it for more development.
Kinemaster is also one of the best video editing apps for Android. Unlike other editing apps, it can also do some basic work and a lot more on your skit e.g inclusion of sounds, the addition of text, and the rest of it.
One of the works it does that makes it one of the best is, it filters audio and has a lot of video effects. It also includes multiple videos, images, and effects on layers. But it actually cannot be compared to a PC editing app but among Android editing app, it still serves more than a few of its competitors.
Notable Features of KineMaster
- Multiple layers of videos, images, text, effects, overlays, stickers, and handwriting can be combined.
- Instant preview feature to view the editing
- Precise volume control from moment to moment within a clip
Filmorago is also an editing app by Wondershare. And one of the things you will like about it is, most of its features are free. It also trims and cut video, adds an overlay, and also gives the right transition in between two different work. The ability to give motion to what you are editing is also included in this app. To some extent, it can meet your expectation and in producing it to Instagram it video share us 1.1 while for YouTube is 16.9.
Notable Features Of FilmoraGo
- Clips can be previewed in real-time.
- Photos and videos can be imported from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, and even gallery, etc.
- Extensive collection of templates and effects.
- A set of professional editing tools is included in the app.
Are you looking for a video editing app on your Android that filters video, trim and that has a reasonable timeline, you have found inshot. using inshot, you can transport songs from your playlist to the app in other to include them in your production/work.
With this, you can also create image collages. It crops and adds sticker packs to your work. It works are simple and can also be produced on YouTube, played on WhatsApp status, and TikTok.
Moviemaker Filmmaker is also one of the best video editing apps for android. to start video editing with. You can trim in it, crop, and set the focal point. The app gives chance to add your own custom filters but that function is not amazingly powerful. Just like other Android editing apps, music can also be included in this.
Notable Features of MovieMaker
- Motion track animation effects and text animation effects.
- Music slideshows of images feature.
- A host of stickers, filters, and cinematic effects.
PowerDirector is a good editing app that edits your video and makes a photo slide with a sound attached to it. It also has the basics and a lot of transitions. It makes your production great and after you are done with editing your video you can produce it with any size of your choice. Just that you will need data to produce it and it takes a few times during its production depending on the work you want to produce.
It is quite easy to learn. With a timeline where you place your timeline beneath it. It is best to use this app on tablets though other Android phones accept it. Some certain features are not included in the app, so you need to get that by downloading them.
Notable Features of PowerDirector
- Videos can be exported in 4K with hardware support.
- Slow-motion video editor for creating slow-motion video FX.
- Chroma key selector for imparting transparency in videos and layer effects.
Quik is not as powerful as Adobe Premiere Rush and PowerDirector but it good because it does not need something that intense in working on it. It works in this way, you bring in like 50 photos into it, and other video clips then the app will now analyze them and spit out a short skit from them.
To some extent, it is very easy to learn and meet up with certain qualities. After you are true with your editing you can save it to your camera directly or other social platforms.
Notable Features of Quik
- Transitions are automatically synced to the beats of background music, which will not affect the discussion of the characters.
- Quik is compatible with GoPro as well as Motion Photos.
- Videos can be saved in 60fps for smooth playback.
- You can save edited videos as drafts to finish editing later.
Vivavideo is an editing app on smartphones that has a watermark on it. It also one of the popular video editing apps for Android users around the globe. It also has basic features and it gives a good transition to your work. One of the things you will like about the app is, it is very easy to learn and has the ability to meet your expectation though not to be compared to other high-quality apps for editing.
It also supports fast and slow motion. the app produces short clips for social media platforms. It uses a storyboard style of editing where you move clips from the gallery to the app, edit, trim and add songs then produce. Text can also be added to your work because this tool is added to the app.
Notable Features of Viva
- Built-in slow motion video editor.
- A wide variety of collage templates and themes to choose from.
- Video collage maker for merging video clips and making a new clip.
Funimate is also a very serious movie editing app, though it can meet a good percent of your demand. To some extent, it is popular but not that powerful. There are 15 video filters in it, that you can play with and the creation process is fairly painless. It also has a few features like other movie editing apps, but it good and better for short little social media posts, and not a quality video.
Notable Features of Funimate
- More than 100 advanced video effects for making cool videos.
- DIY effects from pre-existing photos stored on your smartphone
- Feature to make collab videos with friends
Conclusion on Best Video Editing Apps for Android
listed above are some of the best editing apps for an android phone. they work in different ways although they still share similarities. incase we missed any app that you use you can share them with us in the comments below.